Steps to Request a Block of Information in Your Report
Provide Your Proof of Identity
Proof of identity can be established in one of two ways as follows:
• Consumer File Match – Provide your full name (first, middle, last, suffix), any previously used names, full social
security number and/or date of birth.
• Additional Proof of Identity – Copies of government issued identification documents, utility bills, and/or other methods of your identity, which may include answering questions to which you may be expected to know the answer.
Provide Your Trafficking Documentation
You are required to provide an acceptable Victim Determination Statement, which is a document that contains a determination of human trafficking, made by either:
• A Federal, State, or Tribal governmental entity.
• A non-governmental member of a human trafficking task force, including victim service providers affiliated with these entities and authorized by a Federal, State or Tribal government entity, OR
• A self-attestation by a consumer who identifies as a victim of human trafficking that is signed or certified by a Federal, State or Tribal government entity, court of competent jurisdiction, or an authorized representative of these entities.
Identify Items of Potential Adverse Action
Provide the specific items of information in your consumer report that you believe should not be furnished by a consumer reporting agency because the items are a result of human trafficking.
Your Information May Be Sent to Us in Different Ways
Through postal mail:
Background Information Services, Inc.
Attn: Compliance – Trafficking
1716 Main St. Suite A, #168
Longmont, CO 80501
*Please provide your preferred method of communication with Background Information Services, Inc. where we will deliver our final determination (through email or postal mail).
If you have questions, please contact the Compliance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-433-6010.
The Process of Blocking Your Information
Once we receive your information, Background Information Services, Inc. will block the information within four days of your request.
However, we will notify you within five days of the request if we require any additional information to complete your request.
Background Information Services, Inc. has 25 days to make a final determination of your request.
You will be notified within five days of our final determination (at your preferred communication method) to either continue to block the information or to remove the block.